Hi Tim and anybody else who can help,
I am having immense difficulty installing flash. Is the installer really buggy
or something?
I'm at the point where I've downloaded the disk image. I open the installer
app. I'm warned about this and I continue. I'm asked for my computer username
and password which I type in and press enter. I get a window called adobe flash
player installer. Next to this is an installer helper html area which is empty.
That's all. There's a close button and nothing else, and nothing seems to be
installing.
I've tried going through system prefs again to re download it. I hit the
download link and nothing downloads. Any ideas?

Lisette