I’m sorry, I just can’t understand the pessimism. Always the same with new
Apple stuff: it will fail, it has no obvious use case, blah blah blah.
Accessibility notwithstanding, I’m surprised people got nothing from the
keynote address other than Apple Watch has the ability to send heartbeats and
do doodles.

Come on, guys. It’s a small device that you can wear on the wrist. Don’t you
see any potential there at all? The remote control you’ve always wanted? The
around-the-house communications device for the friends and family while your
phone is docked and not weighing you down? Even the need for an iPhone is not
so much of a deal, if the watch proves useful outdoors, because any place that
you would go already sees you needing the phone for phone functions,
regardless; your watch will always tether to a local phone, wherever you happen
to be.

So I preordered. I’ll take the leap. Why not? It might just be my imagination,
but even now I have more fondness for my iPods than my iPhone as a music
player—what’s to say the watch won’t make some of the things that are made
clumsy by the need to pull out my phone and that I do all the time more
enjoyable? I can’t know till I’ve tried it, so that’s what I’ll do, using the
cheapest model available (Sport). I do acknowledge that Apple is a
marketing-heavy company, and it’s always annoying to see the implementation
fall short of the dream, so my hopes aren’t sky-high. Also, yes, I do think
something has changed in the way Apple prioritises things; this product seems
far more strained, for lack of a better word, and that may well be the result
of executive decision-making that tends towards company growth rather than user
satisfaction. But it’s no good dissing it till I’ve tried it, really.

Well, anyway, I’m especially looking forward to handling incoming notifications
while I’m on the toilet. :)

Cheers,
Sabahattin