Hi,

Pardon me for chiming in here but, I found the end of your message kinda
amusing.

you wrote "Between scratching the itch of the telcos upon whose generosity
their success is highly conditioned…” Not for nothing, that doesn’t make much
sense. Especially when talking about the Samsung Galaxy lineup, and the iPhone.
Telcos have their backs against the wall more than ever before when it comes to
dealing with Hero handsets like those I mention. Do you recall how many people
flocked to At&T in the U.S., and other carriers who had exclusive rights to
sell the iPhone? If you recall, Verizon turned down Apple because they wanted
to stick their logos all over the phone, and Apple refused. People leave
carriers to get phones, no one dumps their phone just to switch carriers. So,
in a nutshell, the situation is the exact opposite of what you wrote. Many
carriers are looking for the generosity from Apple and Samsung to officially
support their networks and include the bands that they operate on their radio
chipsets.

For example, ask T-mobile how they did when Apple finally supported their ban,
and the phone was officially carried by T-mobile. *Shrug*. I have no issues
with cynicism, I am actually a fan. but lets come back to earth a bit here. lol.

And ill-gotten gains from the app store? lol. Ok. Have you noticed that most
developers put apps out on the IOS platform before Android, Windows phone, and
others? And, they usually spend the time and resources to create better apps on
IOS? I don’t think FB, Twitter, etc would be doing that because they were
losing on the investment. Just saying.

Not trying to be snarky here, I just wanted to point out some things. I enjoy
reading your posts, and I find you to be a wealth of knowledge on a diverse
range of topics.

Happy New Year.
> On Jan 1, 2016, at 2:02 PM, Sabahattin Gucukoglu <listse...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Is it just a matter of activating the FM chip, though?  I thought I remember
> reading somewhere that part of the problem was getting an antenna that could
> be shared among all the radio frequencies.  Some phones were using the
> headphone socket to provide the radio with an aerial, and that of course
> makes for some unseemly requirements on listening.
>
> And let’s not forget that this is Apple.  Between scratching the itch of the
> telcos upon whose generosity their success is highly conditioned, the “User
> experience” of listening to FM, and—oh, I don’t know—filling their own
> pockets on the ill-gotten gains of app sales, is it really that much of a
> wonder, even if they could get it working, that they’d be reluctant to do so?

> list.

> ---

list.