Hi Anne,
Thanks for this, I think you have just hit it on the head.   I think
the "micro-switch" must be jammed, for when I tried the "parameter
ram reset" with my headset unplugged, I still had no sound.
I will now have to find some "eyes" to help and check things out, and
maybe fidle the "jack socket".
Cheers
U2me&me2u,
Stan.