I'm also a lightweight user on the Windows side. Pretty much just the occasional JAWS and web browser. For that, when running a 64-bit OS like Windows 8 I give it 2GB RAM. 1GB for 32-bit Windows. My Mac has 8GB RAM so I don't want to give Windows any more than I have to. Worst case is Windows will start swapping to the hard drive and slow down. If you have an SSD that might not be a big deal but I'm still on a spinning disk drive. I'd upgrade but I currently have a nice 750GB drive and the SSD equivalent from Apple would be a 1TB drive, adding a nice chunk of change to the cost. Someday…

CB

On 3/3/16 10:10 AM, Phil Halton wrote:
That's odd, I have a Windows VM on my MBA with eight gig and fusion recommended
I only assign one gigabyte to the VM. That's what I have done I just followed
fusions recommendations, and windows works fine as does Mac OS X. Course, I'm
not running any high-powered apps on the windows, just Internet exploder and a
few other mainstream apps.

Sent from my IPhone

On Mar 3, 2016, at 5:16 AM, Simon Fogarty <si...@blinky-net.com> wrote:

No, from my own point of view, you really don't want to try running a vm and
host OS on only 4 gb of memory.

I wouldn't try running windows on less than 4 GB infact I have 4 for each of my
windows 8 vm's but only run one at a time so the host has 4 gb also.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of E.T.
Sent: Thursday, 3 March 2016 12:12 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Understanding the VMware concepts with windows

    4 gigs sounds typical but you can verify that in OS X by selecting About
this Mac from the Apple menu.

    If 4 is enough to run both OS X and Windows, I have no idea. I also have no
idea how many windows can be open at one time but there has to be a limit
somewhere.

 From E.T.'s Keyboard...
    ancient.ali...@icloud.com
Many believe that we have been visited