Hi,

In this case, I really don't believe that you'll need to go to the Apple Store
nor call Accessibility.

1.  Open the App Store either by going under the Apple menu or through the
About this Mac option.
2.  Once the App Store is open, if VO just dings when trying to navigate
around, press VO-f2-f2 to bring up the Window Chooser.  Arrow down to the App
Store choice and press return.
3.  Navigate around the window with VO-right arrow.  You should hear Toolbar,
the Close, Minimize and Zoom buttons and either "Mac App Store, HtML Content"
or "Updates, HTML Content".  If it announces "Mac App Store, HTML Content",
then press cmd-5 to bring focus to the Updates pane.  Otherwise, move on to the
next step.
4.  Interact with the HTML Content area.
5.  Navigate with VO-right, past the Software Update heading to the "Install
All Available Software" button and press it with VO-space.
6.  Depending on what software is waiting to be installed, you may get a
message dialog that says something about some software needing to be downloaded
first before restart.  Press the "Download and Restart" button.
7.  Wait patiently as this may take a while to download.
8.  Once the download is complete, another dialog should appear telling you
that your Mac is going to restart.  You can just wait and it will begin the
restart/installation process, or you can press the "Restart" button within that
dialog.  In either case, the process will begin.  Again, this new
installation/restart process may take quite a while.  During this time, you may
or may not have any response from VO.  You can press cmd-f5 if you wish, but
depending on the state of the process, you still may not get any VO
announcements.
9.  Important!  Do not interrupt the installation by forcably shutting down
your Mac.  This could render your machine unusable until a total
reinstallation.  Just be patient, and let it do its job.  It will restart when
done and bring up the Login screen for you.  In some situations, there is a
continuation of the set up during the startup process.  Again, just be patient.
 Try turning on VO to see if you get feedback.  If you don't get any, wait a
few more minutes and try turning on VO again.

That should do it.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada