So hopefully this is on topic enough that Mark will permit the topic.

I’m very interested in the music side of the discussions here.  Chris, I know
you’re an accomplished protools user and it sounds like a fair bit of other
applications.  It seems like others also are very involved.  What’s the current
state of accessibility in the music space?  I know protools is quite accessible
what about other applications?  Is turbo synth still a thing?  How about on the
hardware side?  Are any of the samplers or dedicated keyboards / music work
stations including accessibility features?  To give folks an idea of where I’m
coming from my last exposure was my own collection of Roland Samplers, Akai
Samplers and Other vintage synths like a DX7 and some old moog gear.  I had to
memorize all the button presses and menus / sub menus by key press.
        The last major hardware I worked on was a Synclavier post pro SD with
the 96 voice poly option, the synclavier full keyboard and a Mac 2FX I believe
it was that ran the outboard software.  All sorts of other dated options like a
worm drive and tape backup.  I also worked with several versions of the
Fairlight CMI and MFX.  The Fairlight was great because while it was hugely
graphical all the operations were done with numbered pages and very defined
keystrokes on a dedicated terminal.  So you’d get immediate audio feedback with
keystrokes.  All these methods were clumsy at best with the exception of the
CMI.  The Synclavier for example had 101 buttons on the front panel along with
a full CRT, 88 velocity keys and real B52 bomber switches.  (actual aircraft
hardware) So the gear was complex and required a lot of memorization to use,
especially difficult when high.:)

So if I wanted to build a studio today around the Mac what would you include?
Would you bother including outboard hardware any more or can it all be done in
software?  If others don’t mind could we start a thread on the state of music
gear especially Apple focused and make specific suggestions?

I’m very interested, hope others are.

Thanks

Scott

> On May 18, 2016, at 5:53 PM, Jonathan Candler <kjsc.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I believe it's CMD + shift + M. I don't remember off the top of my head sense
> I use my board for everything from Djay.
>

> On 5/18/2016 2:47 PM, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
>> Does anyone by chance know the keystroke in DJay for the mac to toggle
>> on/off my microphone?  I see the checkbox, but surely there has to be an
>> easier way than vo+right arrowing all the way down there and hitting
>> VO+Space.  Yes, I know that I could set up a hotspot, and I may wind up just
>> doing that, but I could swear I remember their being a shortcut key to do
>> this.  Do we have any DJay users on here who may know?
>>
>> Chris.
>> Visionaries list.

>> Your Mac Visionaries list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara
>> <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries@googlegroups.com/>
>> ---
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/macvisionaries