Hey Scott,

You know, it's funny.  We've been on lists together for years, and I've never
thought of you as a Sheldon.  But now that you draw the parallel, I can see
where there might be some similarities. :)  However, I suspect that Sheldon
would have had zero tolerance for the ... um  ... array of mind-altering
experiences in which you have participated. :)  Another thing I enjoy about Big
Bang is that the female characters are also well-developed.  When they started
out with just Penny, I  was worried they were going to do the classic thing of
just having a couple of bimbos on the show for the guys to play off of, but
they haven't done that at all.  Even Penny has developed in some very fun and
interesting ways.

I have to admit that I watched the first run of Survivor, and it was fun. I
watched it with friends and we had a good time guessing/arguing about who was
getting kicked off the island next. One of my friends' husbands--also kind of
Sheldon-like--used to get very annoyed about our blatant participation in
tawdry pop culture. lol  But the thing is, once you've done that once, you
don't ever have to watch it again.  And I had no interest in any of the other
"reality" TV shows.

I'll have to  check out how to access Food TV.  If I don't have any luck, I may
be in touch off-list.  Do fill me  in on your favorite BBQ spot and on the
Lamborghini, off-list.

You know, it's interesting, this discussion has reminded me of the discussion a
few weeks back about buying versus leasing content.  As you may recall, I was
pretty firmly on the buying side there.  Similarly where cable is concerned,
I'm very much in favor of being able to subscribe only to services that provide
me with content that I want to watch.  There's a springsteen song that has the
line in it "57 channels and nothings on."  That's always how I felt when we
were paying for cable.

thanks for sharing your knowledge about what happens "under the hood."  I
didn't follow all of it, but it is interesting to read.
Cheers,
Donna

list.