Cochlear does not offer Bluetooth connectivity. Its either direct connect or telecoil. The newest processors now have Resound wireless.

There is a huge difference in research of a medical nature and of other types such as computers and transportation. I do not know what the time frame is for cochlear implants but in the States, FDA approval surely is slow as the proverbial turtle.

Might be why I do not follow trends. If I hear of something new that I need today, and find out it might be a year or 3 down the pike, I would not be happy. I am not that patient. (smiles)

Back to the iPhone. I use neckloops for I do not want others nearby to hear any conversation. So I have always used a neckloop. There may be times when I may not have the luxury of deploying the neckloop so I should practice using the phone without a loop or telecoil. Habit dies hard.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
  Are We Alone in the Universe?
ancient.ali...@icloud.com