Hi,

If you are the only person using the two devices, then there is no advantage at
all to using two different Apple ID's.  In fact, it could be considered a huge
disadvantage.  When using one Apple ID, many services are shared across devices
using the same Apple ID, like Contacts, Find My Mac credentials, Safari history
and more depending on what you enable in iCloud services.  Mail accounts can
also be synced across devices using the same Apple ID, but you are able to
disable specific accounts on each device so that you only can send/receive
eMail from the accounts you enable on that device.

Later....

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada