The voice (a sane one) of reason speaks.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
  Are We Alone in the Universe?
ancient.ali...@icloud.com

On 9/16/2016 8:09 AM, Tim Kilburn wrote:
Hi,

It's interesting to me how many proclaim that change to an interface or
interaction is counterproductive or backwards intuitive.  Each time
Apple, Microsoft ()sorry for swearing on list), or Google change
something that we are all used to doing, a loud and, often, obnoxious
noise is heard.  I recall a huge noise made when Apple changed the look
of iTunes, both by VO users on my various lists and by sighted users,
including my own family.  I also recall a huge noise that was made when
the look and feel of Word changed.  Most of us have got used to these
changes, embraced pretty well all of them and, in lots of cases, have
come to prefer these new ways of interaction.  Now, as a change has been
made once again, here comes the noise.

As a matter of interest, the designers at these corporations don't pull
these ideas out of their behind.  They are usually derived from users,
and the public wanting their devices to accomplish things and/or work
towards a new development or experience.  Some are stepping stones,
others are just new ways of dealing with things that we've become
accustomed to.  I get it, often these changes don't initially appear to
be helpful, useful or even desirable, and they usually take time to
become part of our experience, yet they do.

I fully expect that in a years time, and probably in two years time,
when the next batch of iOS, or MacOS, or whatever hybrid of them is in
the wind is released, we'll hear this same old tune again.  Music to my
ears, NOT.

I'll be quiet on this thread now.  Fell off my soap box.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

On Sep 15, 2016, at 19:23, Scott Granados <sc...@qualityip.net