Just to expand on this a little for Vaughn, the 3rd gen as everyone as said is
not rechargeable.  The 4th is, on the back of the 4th is a lightning port.  You
can use any lightning charger like your iPhone charger to give it a charge and
under heavy use the remote lasts for months.  Same with the 3 it’s very energy
efficient.