Thanks for all the tips and explanations everyone.  Just so you know, I would
have been okay without VMWare, when it comes to choosing the Windows startup
disc, as   by can go through the motions without voice feedback, but it’s
frustrating when I have no feedback as to when to release the key you have to
hold for a few seconds to get back.