well,
small problem… I would have to spend a great deal of money to get to the NFB
convention. that would leave me with very little to spend on needed products
(like jaws). I happen to use the Pro version here (it was included as part of
my contract) and any further upgrades would be along that path. so, it *will*
definitely cost me more, even if there is no significant difference between the
pro and home versions. Even then, the retail cost (according to the freedom
scientific website) is still just as expensive. So, even after the takeover,
there hasn't been any real change to the pricing model. About the only thing
that has changed is there is now less choice in what you get to use. There used
to be Window Eyes, jaws, Thunder, System Access and NVDA. Now, there is jaws,
System access, NVDA and possibly narrator (which I don't count as a serious
screen reader with it's current limitations). So, even though VFO has a good
business model, their motive is still profit.

Speaking of, which, if Freedom Scientific (VFO) were to drop the government
business pricing model and simply sell to the blind public for about $120, they
would be generating far more income. They wouldn't have to wait for government
vouchers to be paid on, not have to negotiate onerous government contracts or
jump through regulatory hoops.  They would go from selling through government
agencies to (at most) several hundred vocational rehabilitation recipients per
year, to many multiple orders of magnitude greater customers. $100 puts the
price well within reach of even the most impoverished blind person. It would
also cut down on piracy (the current price point encourages it in most foreign
countries)

ok, at this point, I have wandered way off the reservation with regard to the
topic. Now, as for installing jaws on a mac.. Assuming you have the correct
version that works with your key, and you have all the bootcamp drivers
installed, there shouldn't be any issues installing there Given what I have
seen in this thread, it appears that it is either a version conflict, or
something that the registration program reads changes between reboots.  In
either case, that can be bad, as it will force the end user to use all the
available registrations they have with the product. That will leave them
without a working product within a very short time (and 40 minute demo mode is
a real PITA).

-eric

list.