Hi,

I do this regularly in my calendar app on my iPhone.

Whilst creating a new appointment:
double-tap on the start date/time field. The first field is the date selector.
The second field is hours selector. The third field is minutes selector. I use
24 hour time, so I do not have an AM/PM selector. The last field is the
timezone. Double-tap on this field. Double-tap on the clear button. Type the
name of the city in the search field, then right-flick through the suggestions.
Double-tap on the correct city and the timezone will be set for the start time
of the appointment. Now, the appointment will always reflect the correct local
time, even when one travels.

I use the calendar to schedule flights across timezones, and this is tracked
correctly as well. To do so, after filling out the start time including the
timezone field, fill out the end time including the timezone field for the
destination, and the calendar will track and show both times converted to the
local timezone. The nonconverted times can be checked in the appointment.

In my opinion, the native calendar app on iOS is quite powerful.

Kind regards,

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +61 488 988 936