Is it just these two applications where the print dialog fails?

A first test would be to create a new user on the Macintosh with the issue and
see if you can then print from applications that you are experiencing issues
with in your account. If the printing works in the new account, then you know
it is an issue in the settings/preferences of your account.

Depending on the results, I would either remove preference files for adobe and
pages from the Library/Preferences or re-install any device specific printer
software.

                Best wishes,

Jonathan Cohn