Hi,

On my MBP with TouchBar, the Touch ID or password request does appear normally
without extra interventions.  I recommend you use the method suggested by
Oriol, whereby you use the Application Chooser, VO-f1-f1.  An item named System
Dialogs should be there, select it then go right and down to the appropriate
window.  You should easily be able to enter your password in this situation.
There are a number of situations where System dialogs are present, but not
readily noticeable to us, but sighted users see them plainly in the way of
whatever we are focused on as VO users.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Apple Teacher
(with Swift Playgrounds Recognition)
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

On Oct 13, 2018, at 11:25, 'E.T.' via MacVisionaries
<macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> wrote:

  That is why I bother with clean installs, to make sure issues do not carry
over. I also have a MBP.

>From E.T.'s Keyboard...
  ancient.ali...@icloud.com
Many believe that we have been visited
in the past. What if it were true?

On 10/13/2018 10:15 AM, Mike Arrigo wrote:
> I noticed that as well, I did need to enter my mac password, whenever there
> is a new major release of the operating system, I always erase my drive and
> do a clean install to give everything a fresh start.
>> On Oct 13, 2018, at 10:31 AM, 'E.T.' via MacVisionaries
>> <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
>>   If you can see a little, increase the mouse pointer size.
>>
>>   High Sierra has the same issue and I was hopeful it would be gone in
>> Mojave.
>>
>>   As to Dropbox, if the app is already installed and you are prompted to
>> sign in, while VO will speak the fields as you navigate, it will not echo
>> what you are typing in. Enter your user ID then move VO and back so it will
>> read it to you. I have made Dropbox very aware of this but they need to hear
>> from others too..
>>
>> From E.T.'s Keyboard...
>>   ancient.ali...@icloud.com
>> Many believe that we have been visited
>> in the past. What if it were true?
>>
>> On 10/13/2018 6:58 AM, Mike Arrigo wrote:
>>> I did get it to work but it really is a pain, you have to use the trackpad
>>> to get the mouse in t the window and then click it, I will definitely be
>>> sending a report to Apple on this one, it will be interesting to see if it
>>> happens with my mac minis as well.

>> Visionaries list.

>> mk...@ucla.edu and your owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at
>> caraqu...@caraquinn.com