Apropos monitor or not, I note that a number of the high end reviews of
the 2018 Mini, and I think Apple itself talk in terms of some industrial
applications where a stack of Minis provide some kind of aggregate
service.

So, if these Minis are stackable in a server environment, it's highly
unlikely each and every one of them would have a monitor attached.
Things don't work like that in server rooms, imo.

Indeed, having shopped now for KVMs, the higher end of KVM gear supports
8 o 16 units via a rack mountable KVM switch. I guess that's at least a
dummy connection, I suppose.

--

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow