Unfortunately, I just used the default settings on the My Passport Drive.

I have no idea how those drives are formatted.

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> On
Behalf Of Brad Snyder
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 3:29 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: getting new mac, best way to migrate data apps etc

That depends on how you format the external HD.

I suggest using XFAT, if you want an external HD that can be read and written
to, by both Mac and Windows machines.

- Brad -

On Jul 20, 2021, at 14:18, <skipper8...@gmail.com
<mailto:skipper8...@gmail.com> > <skipper8...@gmail.com
<mailto:skipper8...@gmail.com> > wrote:

I store my data in Dropbox, iCloud, and Microsoft OneDrive, but I also backup
data to an external hard drive.

Can I use the same hardrive for media and document backups for Mac and Windows?

Please note that I am just talking about documents, music, and MP4 video files
and not system backups or images.

Thanks.