Hi,
Just wanted to add a brief description of my recent experience with performance
problems:
I have had pretty sluggish performance for a while on my macbook pro 2020. Not
sure exactly when it started, but has been enough to keep me from using my
system much.
I had some time Friday evening so thought I would investigate.
1. I opened activity monitor and found that powerd was consuming something like
105% of my CPU (Note I had to set the refresh interval on the View menu to the
slowest interval to use the app). Also not sure how you can consume more than
100% but...
2. After some googling, I opened terminal and typed:
pmset -g sched
And found a couple of pending tasks. These looked like perhaps pending email
sends? Not sure exactly.
3. I then did
sudo pmset schedule cancelall

All I can say is wow, a huge performance boost.
I have checked a couple of times since and no longer see powerd in the top
processes.
No idea if this applies to anyone else, just my experience.
Brett