Hi cArolyn,

I don't know what it is. Every single new Mac user I know has a Pro. Well,
except one person who has the carbon-shell Mac. I got the aluminum Macbook, but
not the Pro. Why?

Well, I compared the exchange rate. In dollars, it was not terribly high when
converting it into crowns. In fact, it was just the same as for the Macbooks
over here. However, those Macbooks cost at least two hundred dollars extra in
my country, if not more. And that was the entry level Macbook Pro. Yes, I could
have afforded it, and I did not mind the fact it cost a bit more. But I didn't
get it anyway. Because, really, I wasn't sure why I would need the extra
processing power, or extra RAM. Those beasts can hold a total of 8GB.

The thing is, regardless of that, I see new people who are just switching to
the Mac, people who have never even touched a Mac, buy the Macbook Pro. And why
is that? I can't figure it out. Why isn't the good old Macbook good enough for
them? What did it ever do? Poor Macbook. I feel sorry for it.

I think that part of it may be that, if you think about it, you might as well
buy the best Macbook. That way, if you ever need the resources, you have them
already. However, my problem was that I had been misinformed. I had been told
that the Macbook had firewire, and that's what I cared about. Of course, I put
my full trust in him and that he knew what he was talking about in regards to
hardware specifications. I didn't bother checking out the specs online, or ask
the Apple representatives there. I figured his word was good.

I'd be curious to know, from recent switchers, why they bought the Macbook Pro
as opposed to the Macbook that's just sitting there on the shelf, having pretty
low self-esteem.

No, really. I'd like to know. I'm using my Macbook right now, and it's really
fast and slick. It's a very nice machine. Of course, the geek in me is jealous
because I want to see the difference in responsiveness between booting Snow
Leopard in 32 as opposed to 64-bit. And, for some reason, despite the fact my
processor supports this, Macbooks cannot boot in 64-bit. Only the Macbook Pros
and the iMacs can do this.

Regards,
Nic
Mobile Me: nic2...@me.com