Hello Nektarios,

I bought a MacBook Pro a week a go myself and so far liking it. to answer your questions. VO-M-M brings you to the icons menu, you should get on the time machine icon, use VO-right or left arrows to cycle through the icons. Battery and clock are both in there. I believe time also had a shortcut, but I haven't gotten that working yet.

The latest version of skype seems to have issues. I had the exact same thing happen to me. So, I ended up grabbing an older version, from mac.oldapps.com. The one released in september 2009 works fine for me. Apparently when you update it to the latest from there it should be running, but I can't confirm that as I haven't bothered yet.

-- Ruud