Overall, I'm very impressed with this app. It is very accessible. It
does notify you when there is an alert for a city you are watching and
you can watch 5 I believe. You can read or hear the warnings &
forecasts. In the FAQ they tell you that you may occasionally need to
close it int he App switcher & restart if it isn't ab le to get data.
I've had to do that once but then all was well. Whether it's worth $10
probably depends on a variety of personal factors, but it does what it
says it does & does it accessibly. So if a weather radio style app is
what you want, this will probably do the trick.

On 4/27/11, Mike Arrigo <n0...@charter.net> wrote:
> I actually got this app, it is very accessible. The radio part does not
> actually play the NOAA weather radio, but rather, a computer voice reading
> the current conditions and forecast. Looks like the voices they are using
> are from Cepstral. This app has an interesting side effect though. Once
> installed, location tracking stays on all the time. I could understand this
> happening if the app was running, but even killing it in the app switcher
> and turning off notifications does not turn the location tracking off. The
> only way I could do this was to turn off location tracking in settings.
> On Apr 27, 2011, at 5:42 PM, Shawn Krasniuk wrote:
>
>> Hey all. I was reading about this app for IOS devices and it sounds cool.
>> My question is is there any accessible app like that for Mac? I tried
>> using the weather widgit that Dashboard has and I didn't like it. It would
>> be nice if there were an actual app for Mac like the one you're talking
>> about. When I owned a PC, I really liked a program called Weatheraloud but
>> it didn't show any watches or warnings. I'd like something for this thing
>> that would read current conditions and forecasts like that for the Mac.
>> I'll do a google search but I figured that I'd ask all of you guys as
>> well.
>>
>> Shawn

Find me on:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/deblewis53