I've slept on this one.

Is it possible to set the scope of the dhcp on the comcast device so
that it will only ever assign 1 ip address? This should mean that its
dhcp server just won't respond to any requests for ip's from clients
after its 1 ip has been assigned, leaving the airport to do all the
work. I know this would mean that you have 2 dhcp servers on the same
network which I'm sure you know isn't advisable in most situations,
but hopefully this will be as good as not having the comcast box do
dhcp.
In this situation,that 1 device could be the airport. Technically the
airport wouldn't have a static ip in as much as its lease would expire
every now and again and it would request a new ip from the comcast
device, but if the scope of the dhcp is set to 192.168.0.2 /
192.168.0.2, it wouldn't be possible for the airport to ever get
anything other than .0.2.

Doesn't really solve the nat issue though, let us know if you find a solution.