On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Scott Howell wrote:

I wish I could turn DHCP off on the Comcast modem, but that is not possible. Apparently you have to have a static IP to do this and then they (Comcast) have to do it. I had talked to them today about this (Comcast that is) and they explained things somewhat, but how it was explained was yet pretty muddy. It all came down to the fact that I have to pay money and ps, we're damn near out of IPs, so don't be asking for much. :(

This doesn't make any sense. I think whoever you spoke to at Comcast got their wires crossed.

Whether or not the comcast modem assigns addresses to your LAN has no relation to whether or not you have a dynamic or static IP address on the net. They're two completely separate things. You should be able to just do it in the interface of the modem/router and Comcast don't need to do anything.

Gef