I did not use the Burn option in the shortcut menu. I just followed
the steps from an article from a website. I assume since they said to
use Disc Utility, the burn option probably does something else.
Actually, now that I think about it, I think the burn option in the
shortcut menu simply takes what you have and put it on a DVD disc,
retaining the structure and filename.
This is different than burning a disc image, which is what you need to do.
The difference is that if you use the Burn option in the shortcut
menu, the dvd will have only 1 file name InstallESD.dmg.
But if you use Disc Utility and use the Burn feature, it will see that
InstallESD.dmg is an image file, and will burn the files within that
image file to a disc. So that when it is done, and you open the DVD,
you will see files like InstallMacLion.app and other files.
Disc Utility is not that confusing. Once you open it, navigate to the
table of discs. Highlight your DVD burner. Next, go to the toolbar,
and click on the "Burn" button.
It will prompt you for the image file. Point to it, and then click Burn.
Simple as that.

Shen
goalb...@gmail.com