Hi,

I'm sure that some of what I'm about to say has already been posted by others
on this list. But, in the interests of documenting bugs and seeking solutions
that may have been found I want to share some of my experiences with Lion.
Honestly, I can't believe that Lion was released in its present state. This
along with the continuing problems I have with the software running my Apple TV
make me wonder what the heck is happening at Apple headquarters. Apple is known
for quality software and products that just work. Lion in my view is an epic
failure.

I upgraded to Lion last week when it was released and have experienced
increasing problems. Some of them include:

1. Voiceover has a bug where for no reason what so ever the voice changes to
what sounds like a demonic tone. I may be in the middle of reading something
and the voice will change for absolutely no reason and then it changes back.
This happens fairly often but I have not yet figured out a cause.

2. Mail has serious bugs. I'm using the new mail view and have noticed that the
application freezes and is not responsive when looking at certain types of
email. These seem to be emails with graphics such as messages from Amazon.com
and Facebook. I am able to read general messages just fine but the heavier
graphics seem to kill the program entirely.

3. The zoom feature consistently does not work. I might be able to use it for a
while but at some point it just stops functioning entirely. Turning the feature
off and on again has no effect. The only solution I've been able to find is
logging off and signing on again.

4. I often find it easier to reverse the contrast on screen but this feature
will not function when Voiceover is running. I must turn Voiceover off, hit
control option command 8 and then turn Voiceover back on again. Yes, I
sometimes use both features together.

5. Late on Monday I thought I'd check to see if there were any software updates
for Lion in hoes that I might find something. When selecting software update I
could not even get the OS to run the application to check. I had to log off and
then sign on again.

In general I'm experiencing massive slowness and serious issues when using
Voiceover and many applications. I'm not using obscure programs either and They
are shown to work under Lion. I mean absolutely no criticism at anyone out
there who was involved with beta testing this software as it relates to
Voiceover but this product has no business being widely available when you take
in to consideration past standards and expectations of Apple. This is extremely
frustrating to say the least.

If anyone has solutions that might help I'm very interested. Perhaps there are
some system settings I can change or some maintenance operations that could be
run to help with these issues. Perhaps a 3rd party program could be run to help
with cleaning things up. Perhaps I need to figure out how to do a clean
install? That would be extremely time consuming and I'm not entirely sure how
to restore from time Machine but that may be necessary. Should I just put up
with all of this until Apple releases a software update?

Thanks for any tips or suggestions.