From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Christopher-Mark Gilland
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:00 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: for those who's macbooks are running hot, I have a sollution

Odd!  You and I have the same system basically, except that your's is a Pro,
where mine isn['t, but m ine's also Mid 2010.

Dule core Intel 2.4GHZ, 2GB Ram, 250GB hard Drive, Lion OSX 10.7, 13 inch
display.

I can get my SMC Firmware version number, if you'd like me to, but I know,
after referencing it on the Apple web site, that it is the newest, and when
I tried to reinstall it from the dmg that I downloaded, as advised by a
Senior advisor, the checksum on the version I had installed and on the DMG I
downloaded matched to a T.  So... yeah...

I definitely think that the MDS Daemon has a lot to do with this, perhaps
that isn't the only thing, but again, I staned before god, regardless what
Carolyn, and others think, to say, for me, doing the things that I outlined
last night, has now made my core 1 and 2, According to the app called
Temperature Monitor, (Which is freeware by the way,) go dow3n to half,
approx. where they were.  Before, it was running with core 1 and 2, each
individually at about 85C, with the fans running about 2000RPM, and my
graffics chip when screen was at 0 percent brightness+screen curtain
enabled, at about 90C.  Now half all those figures or roughly.  When I
called Apple, they really didn't seem to care, or take the fact seriously
that I almost burnt myself the other night when trying to move the system
from my desk to my couch, and believe me, I have fairly tough skin.  I don't
burn easy.  So, yeah, I don't know the deal, but it seems very odd that it
was so hot that this happened, and that I've found tons of people having
this issue.  Just go to google, and search for

macbook+lion+running hot

I promise you'll find multiple results which reference this issue.  The fact
that Apple didn't take me seriously, and seems to think that 200F for a CPU
is normal, and that over-heating would be around 450F...?  Uh huhhum?  Yeah,
that would be overheating if it was a bottle rocket, but multen if it's
metel, as it is.  Needless to say, I question that advisor's credibility.

If anyone wants to benchmark their system, as I said, just google for an app
called Temperature Monitor.  the app store might even have it.  I didn't
look there.  I found it just by Googling, so, sorry, no longer have the U R
L.  If you all have issues finding it though, let me know and I'll try to
dig it out of my history.

Chris.