Hello again, all! When I was running SL and wanted to boot into Lion from my
external drive, it was fairly simple. I just
held down the option key as I turned on my macbook, waited about 15 seconds,
released the option key, pressed right arrow and
enter. Now that I have done a clean install of lion on my macbook's main drive,
this no longer works. There are still some
tasks that either I can't figure out how to do in lion, or that simply don't
work, so I still want to boot into SL quite
often. I've got my SL install fully up-to-date and everything on my external
drive, but now when I perform the above steps, I
seem to be booting into the recovery partitian instead. I know I can go into
system preferences and change the startup disc
there, and I'm happy to do that, but was just wondering if there is a quicker,
easier way. Also, if I ever get bootcamp up
and running, what is the procedure for avoiding that stupid recovery partitian,
and how do I choose whether I want to boot
into mac or windows?
Since I've gone to all the trouble of doing this clean lion install, I'm going
to try and stick with it, but I still find the
OS to be quite yucky when compared to SL.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide, and I'm sure I'll have
more questions as I continue trying to get this
thing up and running.
Missy