Hello everyone.

I'm using the latest Mac Mini with the latest Lion updates, and a standard
Apple USB keyboard. When I first got this computer in mid-July, the function
keys performed various functions which conflicted with VO. For example, f11
and f12 lowered and raised the volume. I found a check box in the keyboard
section of system preferences which allows all function keys to behave
normally, thereby allowing you to  perform all VO functions without any
conflicts. However, this setting refuses to stick. Every time I restart the
computer, the check box in system preferences is cleared. I became so
frustrated at one point that I did a clean reinstall of Lion from the
recovery partition. As I expected, however, this did not solve my problem.
Is this a bug in Lion? If so, you'd think Apple would have fixed something
like this in the first update. I don't mean to sound like a complainer, but
this really is an inconvenience which ultimately keeps me from using my Mac
as often as I otherwise would. Any suggestions anyone could provide would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a wonderful evening.

Allison