It's not a voiceover problem. the main cause for some of these combo boxes is
poor coding and implementation. there's scenarios where voiceover cannot grab a
combo box because the object in question is not in a standard format, instead
it may be part of a tailor made design package or something unsupported by
voiceover.

there are plenty of instances I've come across where voiceover can't support
interaction with certain web components.

lew

On 11 Dec 2011, at 16:50, Red.Falcon wrote:

> Hi Christine!
> Well I took a look at the site as well!
> Although I'm in the UK I also got exactly the same results as you!
> Now I do not know if this is a vo or safari or even the sites problem if a
> windows user can use the site OK then it might indeed be a vo problem!
> I can only suggest [if you have not already] send a Email to there customer
> services and see what they might say!
> Anyway you have a great day!
> Colin
>
> On 11 Dec 2011, at 16:29, Christine Grassman wrote:
>
>> All right, all, here's another (probably Safari) problem. I'm trying to
>> purchase a Harry and David gift card:
>> http://www.harryanddavid.com
>> There is a combo box where you must select (or potentially write in, I
>> guess) the desired value of the card. However, I've tried interacting,
>> hitting VO space, hitting enter, Vo enter,  Vo shift space, and so on, but
>> all I'm sometimes getting is "text select gift card price" -- with no list
>> of choices and no edit box.  I've tried writing in a value at the combo box
>> announcement and the "text select gift card price" but nothing happens. Any
>> suggestions, other than sighted assistance? :)
>> Christine

Mr. L. Alexander.
Free Macs For The Blind.
E-Mail: freemacsfortheb...@mac-access.net
Direct line: 07936 877500
Twitter: @macsfortheblind

Free Macs For The blind is a charity project supplying older but working apple
macs for blind and visually impaired people throughout the UK FOR FREE!

Do you have an old unwanted mac, any hardware, software, old PC's, etc or a
copy of outspoken 9.2 you would be willing to donate? please get in touch.

Mac Access Dot Net; The British Mac Accessibility Network, we're here to help
anybody disabled with anything Apple!
http://www.mac-access.net