Hi,

I fail to see how voiceover not keeping up with the speed of your typing
indicates voiceover making your Mac sluggish.  After all, the letters are
coming out just as fast as your pressing them.  Its the speech thats lagging
behind.  This is no different than on windows when you open an application, and
the app is on the screen for 2 or 3 seconds before Jaws says a peep.  Saying
the screen reader slows down the screen reader, which is kinda what you said,
is a pretty circular argument, no?  What I was referring to was the screen
reader draining so much of the computers resources, that performing tasks
liking opening applications, playing media, etc becomes effected.

Ricardo Walker
rwalker...@gmail.com
Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
www.mobileaccess.org