@shawn:
here I am with feedback from last experiments of yesterday with skype
and growl: negative result, as always.
Procedure:
- set growl as default notification center in skype 5.6 preferences
- set "speech" as default notification style in growl settings
- set speech and enable notification for first received message,
received message and instant message received, inside growl's skype
settings window.
then close settings window with command+w, and let it go
Well: the "contact is on line" message is pronounced correctly.
The message, it always says "contact writes" and then does not read
the message content! I wrote to Growl support some months ago too, and
they told me it's strange skype reads the whole messages they say it
shouldn't!