This is all true.  Sometimes, no matter what you do, explaining the theory
and coming up with a bunch of analogies simply does not get the proverbial
light switch to come on.  It has nothing to do with the trainer or the
student's capabilities.  There are just concepts that are difficult for some
folks to truly grasp.  You can describe interacting as drilling into something,
taking a closer look, pulling the curtains back and stepping closer to a window
to look at something outside ... I have found that this area is one that more
than a few people have difficulty dealing with, especially when it comes to
understanding when one needs to interact and when it is not necessary.

     To be honest, as has been said, you just have to teach the steps and
process itself.  If the concept is not getting through, there is nothing you
can do except allow time and practice to, hopefully, turn the light on.  I have
found that folks will eventually catch on and when the switch flicks on, their
confidence grows quickly in using the Mac.  it was certainly a foreign concept
to me when I was learning the Mac, but you also have to put into perspective as
far as the process for learning ANY new task, whether it was when they were
learning Windows, learning Braille, how to play an instrument .... whatever you
can tie it to.  Things just sometimes take time and repeated use to sink in.

Take Care

John Panarese
jpanar...@gmail.com