Hi Chris and everyone.
Chris, when I type command-L, the next thing I do is to type in an address. Then it loads and says, html content and I must interact to get anything. It's just so weird that it worked once very nicely. And I have not had any experience at all with disk permissions or the repair utility. I'm going to toggle the new tab just for fun to see what happens. I'll go in and look at hiding the tab bar because I can't remember how that's set. Thanks so much, all of you, for batting this around with me. I really appreciate it.

Veronica
Watch and hear The Guide Dog Glee Club sing the Star-spangled Banner at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQNLclisGqQ
Then find more music from The Guide Dog Glee Club and Veronica Elsea at
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Veronica Elsea, Owner
Laurel Creek Music Designs
Santa Cruz, California