Hi Cameron,

        I have run windows both in bootcamp and in VM Fusion.  Both have
advantages so I don't think you can say for sure bootcamp is better.  Currently
I'm running my Macbook pro with VM Fusion and Windows 7.  I have many
applications running on both systems and am changing between operating systems
quickly and easily.  I don't have the need to keep restarting my computer to
run programs in the different operating systems.  It is still kind of like
magic.  You will need a pretty powerful Mac to do this but it works well.  And,
I do like being able to install windows without sighted help.  I've done it
about three times now in the past few years.

Also, I think KeyRemap4Macbook will easily take care of the key remapping needs
if you use fusion, or the built in key remapping in VM Fusion works pretty
well.   Sharpkeys would be needed in bootcamp. I found Sharp keys a challenge
to use but it does work.  Bootcamp is certainly better if your Mac has limited
resources.

If you want the caps lock key on the Windows side in a screen reader like Jaws
to work closely like that on a PC then you need to go the VM Fusion route with
KeRemapper4Macbook.

I spend most of my computer time at home on the Mac side but it is great to
just tab over and have Windows apps just work.

Best.

Eric Caron