I have Windows7 in a bootcamp partition on an iMac running Mountain Lion.

Both work just fine, although I've been concentrating on learning the mac and haven't used the bootcamp for months (I have another windows box I use regularly).

In my opinion, there is no contest between windows/jaws and Mac for productivity software. MS Office with Jaws is far and away a superior productivity tool. I understand that there is relatively good access to Mac's iWork suite, but there is just no comparison between the two. Aside from that, the mac is interesting if a little limited in accessibility compared to windows/jaws. Windows just has alot more choices for accessible programs than does the Mac.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shannon Gerdts" <bambam...@gmail.com>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 3:36 PM
Subject: Serious question about Mac vs. Windows

Hello list,
I'm a new subscriber as of today and would like to ask this direct question without getting a lot of elitest Mac/Windows mentalities. What I mean by this is I would love to get some feedback from you guys on the list about an unbiased bit of feedback on your experiences with the Mac. I also would like to know what you guys have experienced as being pros to the switch from a windows machine to that of a Mac system as well as cons if there is any. Have any of you used boot camp or another way of running windows successfully on a Mac? The reason I want to get this information is because my wife just recently had her Toshiba laptop give out on her after just three to four years and is rather disappointed with her experiences in windows laptops so she is tossing around the idea of a Mac. However, before making the decision to just jump into the decision she would like to get as much information as possible and weigh the advantages and disadvantages first so that she makes the best decision for her in the long run without being stuck shelling out money on a system she won't like. I ask about running Windows in boot camp or through another avenue because she enjoys mudding and uses VIP mud which is made only for windows so will likely need to use this in the short term at the very least until she can find a client that works as well with voiceover on the Mac. I thank all responses you guys can give us and thank you all in welcoming me to the list.

Take care,
Shannon Gerdts
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.