Hi Max, Eric, and Others,

To print only odd or even pages of a document viewed in Preview, after
you use Command-p to bring up the print dialog window you need to
access the paper handling options.  Navigate past the area where you
specify the page range, the paper size, and the page orientation to
the pop up button for "Preview" and use VO-Space to change this to
"Paper Handling".  Now you'll be able to access options for "Pages to
Print" and "Page Order".  Navigate to the pop up menu button for "All
pages" and change this to "Odd Only" or "Even Only". You can also
override the automatic page order settings for your printer here, and
command them to be printed in either forward or reverse order.

In general, you should expect that anything you reasonably want to do
(like printing only odd or only even pages), should be a feature of
the default applications on the Mac. While Adobe Reader can be used
with VoiceOver on the Mac, you're using the text-to-speech feature to
read through pages, there's a maximum voice rate, and it's not set
where you might reasonably expect to control the setting.  For a long
time I thought Adobe Reader was not accessible. It simply has an
extremely unintuitive interface, meaning that if I ever have to go
back and use it, even having previously explored it in detail, I would
search in the list archives for my posted instructions rather than try
to rely on my memory on how it should work.  Friends don't send
friends to use Adobe Reader with VoiceOver if it can be avoided
*smile*.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther