Hi list,

I've been helping my university test the accessibility of some of its online
resources. They've been building a whole lot of stuff with AJAX which, as you
probably know, is generally pretty awful for screen readers.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good resources which would help them
understand how to make their web apps more accessible with VoiceOver?

IN particular, their rich text editor is pretty annoying for VoiceOver.
Everytime I hit return I lose all sound from VoiceOver. Once I start typing
again the sound will return. I can use keyboard commands for simple formatting
such as bold and italics, but VoiceOver doesn't announce whether they have
worked or not.

They've asked me whether I have any examples for them of rich text editors on
the web which work well with VoiceOver. They asked about Facebook but I told
them that was not a good example. I thought gmail was, but I don't think I've
ever used its rich text features.

I'm going to scout around the web to see what I can find, but if anyone has any
ideas for me of VoiceOver accessible rich text editors on the web I'd love to
hear about them.

Many thanks,
Nic