personally i would never use jaws, the reason for that is it is too
costly, so what i do is to fire up the vm and use nvda and the book
scanner from in there:) and it works beautifully.
As for hacking the windows registry, that is usually quite easy, at
least it was last i had to do that, was a long time ago, though

sandi