Hi,

I think you bring up an excellent point.  In my opinion, There is no really one
super addition to Mavericks.  ibooks is cool, I’ve read 3 books with it
already, but accessibility wise, it feels like its still in beta.  That being
said, it really doesn’t need much to become awesome.  Label the buttons, fix
voiceover in the table of contents, and add a continuously read function with
Voiceover.  I feel strongly that these are things we will see pretty soon.
Same thing with mail.  If you are a person who uses mail extensively with an
IMAP gmail account, especially if you have a bunch of labels, rules and filters
set up, your going to feel put out I think.  Again, I feel strongly this will
be fixed pretty soon.  Why?  It’s honestly in Apples best interest to do so.
Who likes bad press right?  Even if your OS is free. haha.  Plus, it is obvious
to see that Apple is trying to position itself as a more viable option for
productivity.  Not working well with the largest e-mail provider in the world
isn’t a good way to get the ball rolling.  lol.  But besides these 2 things,
which are indeed significant, Mail more than iBooks, Mavericks is pretty good.
If you feel these two things are show stoppers?  I don’t feel you will be
missing much by waiting a little while to upgrade.

That being said, since its free, You can always make a partition, and install
Mavericks on that and take it for a little test drive.  That’s what I really
recommend to those on the fence.

JMO.

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info