To summarize, I downgraded to Mountain Lion after a disastrous
experience with Mavericks. However, because my Time Machine backup contained
Mavericks, I had to copy and paste all of my files onto the drive as well.
After the reinstallation, I attempted to copy the files back, but am getting
the message "the operation could not be completed because not all the files are
back-up files" or something like that. So, I tried copying things I needed
individually for the time being. But the focus is all over the place, and the
filenames keep changing as I move the arrow keys, and I get constant "finder
busy" messages.
So, I need a particular bookshare book tomorrow, so I downloaded it again and
tried to extract with the unarchiver. I had this set up automatically before
the Mavericks upgrade, and can't seem to find in the preferences how to do this
again. I selected the folder to extract, and am getting the message: "The
unarchiver cannot extract content from this type of file". These problems are
going to impact me directly at work, so I would sincerely appreciate assistance.
Christinesome of the files are backup