OK. It appears that the problem is resolved as far as moving the documents
over: I isolated and unhighlighted the back-up file, then copied over, and it
seems to have worked. Now, though, my second big problem: my bookshare books
are showing empty html when I open the xml files. I tried using The unarchiver
on the original files, but it isn't prompting me for a password or anything,
and keeps saying it can't extract from these files. I also cannot locate
anywhere within the unarchiver preferences where to have bookshare books
automatically extracted. I looked on bookshare's support link, and even though
I am logged in and my task bar is showing, it keeps telling me my session has
timed out, so I can't locate any FAQs for troubleshooting. If someone could
help me out here, I would really appreciate it. (I have all file types selected
in the unarchiver preferences.

My third biggest problem is that when VO is reading, it keeps cutting off in
the middle of words, and is sluggish when reading text continuously. When I
brought it to Apple, they ran several diagnostic tests, said all was well, and
that memory was not an issue.  )

Christine

>>> Twitter:@apple2thecore