Hi tracy, and thanks for getting back to me on this. I've embedded my questions
and comments into your message below.

On Jan 4, 2014, at 4:33 PM, Traci Duncan <our4p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have it set to the default player.
*** I have three options for player, Flash, Video, and QuickTime - nothing
marked "default player". I've tried all 3 players and none of them show any
controls for the video playback progress field.  There is a playback field
which shows current position and total length, but its not a slider field, its
text, and while I can interact with the text to read the video position I can't
alter the current position.

When I select a video from the main search screen, I either tab over to the
play button, or press Command T to open the player window. VO doesn't make
reference to anything that sounds like the toolbar palate you describe. I
wonder what version of Mactubes you have? I'm using V3.1.6 .

In my video player window, which is the same for all 3 player options I have
the following fields and controls. (left to right)

the close, minimize, zoom buttons and the window title
html area which is usually empty,
Player menu button which you can't click on, but Have to bring up its context
menu where you make selections for downloading etc.
a graphic progress indicator which does nothing
the volume slider
3 buttons for prior video, play/pause video, and next video.
a video format menu button  where you can select MP4, FLV etc
the enter full screen button
finally the close player button