On 10/19/06, Michael Wiktowy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello list,
I got finally bit by the endless reboot cycle bug.

I have set the no-lifeguard-reset flag in R&D mode and now it doesn't reboot.
I could also stop it from rebooting with a well timed press and hold of the power button right after the Nokia hands and chime come up.

However, all I get is the "white screen of death" after it boots.

The things that I installed since the last reboot were:
- mweather desktop applet
- upgraded maemo-mapper to 1.2

oops .. send permaturely ... to continue ...
and before that I installed the bt-plugin applet to get some data dumps from my bt GPS and had to reboot to get that working right.

After updating the maemo-mapper, I started it and it started fine but I didn't have my GPS around to try it. I let my 770 charge overnight. Tried starting maemo-mapper after I had my GPS on and it would look like it was starting but would never come up. So I manually rebooted and now I am stuck.

I suspect that it is either a wonky mweather applet crashing the desktop or some wierd interaction with the new maemo-mapper and the bt-plugin.

Is my only option to reflash the firmware if the desktop crashes like this?

/Mike