Alexis Rondeau wrote:
Specifically I want to remove the IM/gtalk/email accounts via a
script. Manually it is obvious (just press 'remove' in the device
manager) but I need to know the location of the actual config file. It
is surprisingly (to me) not located in ~/.

Also, where can I find the file that stores the last 5 searches of the
Search Applet located on the desktop?

I've been scanning my N770 for hours trying to find those two files.

Just a blind shot but did you search GConf confuguration (similar to system registry on MS Windows)?

Try "gconftool -R /" on the device and search the output. You can remove entries with gconftool too. Or maybe you can even delete stored XML files directly - check /etc/gconf/2/path file for details.

Frantisek