On 2/2/07, Marius Gedminas < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 06:29:22AM +0100, sebastian maemo wrote:
> For don't-know-what-reason Nokia failed to make this feature available
on
> his 770. They just let me create a 64M swap file that helps, but not
that
> much.

I would guess the reason is that it's not that simple to do this in
a Linux system.

I agree that it would be useful.  So would a thousand other features.

Not sure how constructive this comment is, but...

My Linksys router running linux uses ipkg packages. I can set it up to
install to alternate destinations just be doing something like
"ipkg -d ram -i packagename" or "ipkg -d jffs2 -i packagename" where ram and
jffs2 are defined in some config file somewhere.

I could see defining destinations like root, mmc1, and mmc2 for my n800, but
of course we use apt/dpkg, so this function doesn't exist. Like I said, not
really constructive ;)

--Paul