On Thursday 10 September 2009 05:45:22 quim....@nokia.com wrote:
> > Limiting it to a hack for a "large" app results in a question of when
> > is an app "large": 1MB, 2MB, 4MB, 8MB, 16MB, ...? If we can have a
> > consensus on *that*, that could be something we have a QA check for?
>
> "Developers are encouraged to make good use of them, specially for
> applications requiring more than 500KB,

To reiterate, my main concern is that it has been said that for various
(perfectly understandable) reasons, libraries are NOT to be optified. Now, the
root partition has _far_ less free space than to accomodate all the libraries
- for example a tiny 1KB facebook python-webkit app can set your limited root
space back with 60MB worth of libs without blinking an eye (=conforming fully
with the guidelines). Is this a valid concern or did I get it wrong ?

> including dependencies."

You can't really count the size of those, as they might have dependencies of
their own, some are parts of the OS, and most of the time you don't know how
many other apps will use them (if 100 apps depend on a 400KB package, there
might be more ratio to optify it than if it's just one app depending on a
600KB package).