Willie McKemie wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Forgive me, I'm quite the novice at this. How might I do the above in the absence of a term?

Well, by installing dropbear http://www.komputika.net/maemo/ and connection via ssh (putty on windows - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ ), but installing xterm may be easier. You can't do it without acces to command line.

Check also this http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HowDoiBecomeRoot2

Does a reboot clear the dns lookup cache? A reboot does not clear up my problem.

Yes, and network disconnect/reconnect should too.

2) the 770 browser fails on internet sites even when I specify the IP, 64.233.167.99 for google for instance.

If IP address does not work it is not DNS issue but generic network connectivity problem (bad default gateway on N770?).

Frantisek