Am Dienstag, 19. September 2006 13:20 schrieb Willie McKemie:
> On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 12:54:12PM +0200, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > > I am not able to install any extras.  I've attempted to install from a
> > > file on the memory card, which I've transferred via USB, but it tells
> > > me the packages are of the wrong type.  Even though I'm "pretty sure" I
> > > have the correct packages.
> >
> > There are two flavours of osso-term around. For one I also had trouble to
> > install that due to many dependencies (the more advanced one), the other
> > worked well. See the Application Catalog 2006 on maemo.org
>
> As far as I can tell, all packages that should install from files on
> the memory card, fail.  Here are
> some examples:
>  maemo-games-startup_0.1.7_armel.deb
>  bash-m_3.1_armel.deb
>  mc_4.6.1-2_armel.deb
>
> The failure message: "Unable to install.  Incompatible package"
>
> Here is one that DID install!
> dropbear_0.48-0.1_armel.deb
> But, I still can't ssh into my 770.  I wonder if I need to reboot to
> get the ssh daemon running?
>
> I have not been able to find the oss-term files to attempt a file
> install; the Maemo "ApplicationCatalog2006" gives only repository
> links, not download links.

I was able to get "Osso Xterm" from the repository listed there installed, I
had trouble with "Osso Xterm (advanced)" though I don't remember any more if
it was a dependency problem or the "Unable to install.  Incompatible
package".

After I had Osso xterm installed and dropbear, I got my network working and
added the repositories to the sources.list. I used apt-get to install
packages from this time on and I did not get the incompatible packages any
more. But I remember there was a discussion recently on the maemo-devel list
about that topic...

Regards,
Rainer

--